Heading home for fall break tonight. Should be nice and relaxing.
Here’s what I’ll be listening to on the way back.
1. Fight outta you – Ben Harper
2. Carolina in My Mind – James Taylor
3. Geek In the Pink – Jason Mraz
4. The District Sleeps Alone Tonight – The Postal Service
5. And It Spread – The Avett Brothers
6. 16 Military Wives – The Decemberists
7. The Sun – Maroon 5
8. Four Winds – Bright Eyes
9. West Coast Blues – Wes Montgomery
10. Battlestar Scralatchtica – Incubus
As a proud user of apple products I was greatly saddened by the loss of Steve Jobs. He was a great leader and innovator; remember him when you pick up your new iphone 5. Jobs was quoted as saying “don’t let the noise of others opinions drown out your own inner voice.” I can really appreciate that quote as a musician and a writer who holds some opinions that aren’t widely accepted around this part of the country. If Jobs had been led around by what other people thought he would have never had the guts to become a silicon valley pioneer, push the envelope with his Apple products, and he never would have become the success that he did. Steve Jobs inspired me with that quote as he inspired countless other in his life. RIP Steve Jobs, 1955 – 2011.